Senior Estimator Calgary.
As an Estimator looking for new career opportunities in the construction sector, you know that your skills and experience are the basis for decision-making at the highest levels. You read drawings, do take-offs, meet with trades and examine the proposed site to assess the costs, overruns and difficulties that may be encountered with the project. Your analysis of project costs and your excellent communications skills allow you to work effectively with all sub-trades, Project Managers and other stakeholders to develop an accurate scope of the project. Certifications like Gold Seal, CEC and PQS indicate that you have attained a standard of excellence in estimating highly valued by most construction companies. If you fit this description or are working towards getting there, check out the opportunity below.
Harbinger Network Inc. Has a new opportunity for a Senior Estimator to fill a roll with a Top Ten General Contractor focused on Industrial, Commercial and Institutional builds. Our client is looking for someone in a Senior Estimator role to help lead a team and help develop others. This General Contractor has been a leader in the industry and is recognized throughout North America as a top builder and has built a reputation of success and excellence through their unique approach to the building sector. They rely on knowledgeable people with unique skills who can execute these designs of all sizes all while meeting the expectations and needs of their clients. Our client is looking to build their team with honest, hard-working and independent thinkers to continue to lead in Industrial, Commercial and Institutional building sector throughout Western Canada.
- Be responsible for all estimating aspects of the Tendering Process, including take offs
- Adapt toward estimating building construction on a project basis
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work including scheduling and project planning
- Provide detailed knowledge of labor and equipment rates
- Prepare detailed estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work
- Prepare final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and finalization.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures.
- Reporting to Head Estimator with labor, material, trades, and or special needs cost associated with related build.
- Meeting with clients to determine changing expectations, needs and associating realistic, accurate cost to those requests.
- Civil, Structural, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- 10 or more years estimating experience in a medium to large general contractor.
- Focus on commercial buildings estimating projects $20m + in value.
- Experience using estimating systems
Please make sure to include list of projects bid on and won along with your resume.
Contact Harbinger Network:
Harbinger Network Inc. is recognized by construction professionals across Canada for working in partnership with them to effectively meet their career objectives with the best companies across the country. To apply for the Construction Estimator position in confidence, please include a project list along with your resume and contact:
Oliver Lau, Construction Recruitment Advisor - ICI Specialist Alberta
Contact phone number: 403-775-9908
Contact email: Oliver@harbingernetwork.ca