Commercial Site Superintendent Calgary.
As a Site Superintendent you are the eyes, ears and voice of Senior Management on the construction site and have the overall responsibility. Senior Management’s expectation is for their site to be managed and operated safely to ensure the work is done properly and is on schedule and on budget. Knowledge of vast array of trades, as well as the ability to read drawings and have exceptional safety awareness are essential to be able to run a safe, efficient and effective job site. Expectations to meet scheduling demands and use excellent communication skills to be able to resolve issues, anticipate and react to problems and to work with Project Managers to keep projects moving smoothly despite unforeseen changes and or obstacles that may arise. If you fit this description or are working towards getting there, check out the opportunity below.
Harbinger Network is working with a client in the Calgary area currently seeking an experienced Site Superintendent with experience in commercial building projects. This client is looking for someone with a background working on projects such as restaurants (Fast Food & High End chain restaurant T.I.) large box store ground up builds, office space renovations, retail location renovations etc. The ideal person is someone who is a strong communicator and understands the importance of building trust through honesty and integrity in their role. This General Contractor is looking for an individual who is comfortable working on large projects and is looking for a long-term role to grow their career all while helping to grow this company’s reputation through quality work done on time and on budget. If you are a self motivated individual who enjoys working as part of team an helping to build a lasting reputation in the commercial building sector here is an opportunity for you.
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes
- Plan and organize daily operations
- Monitor construction schedules and project progress
- Must have the ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Ensure safety regulations and measures are being followed and maintained
- Must be able to maintain positive relationships with sub trades, architects, clients, etc.
- 10+ years of construction experience with at least 5 years at a Supervisory level
- Experience working on institutional and commercial projects of at least $10M in dollar value including new builds and retrofits
- Construction/Engineering related diploma/degree
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- A strong safety record
Contact Harbinger Network:
Harbinger Network Inc. is recognized by construction professionals across Canada for working in partnership with them to effectively meet their career objectives with the best companies across the country. To apply for the position of Project Manager in confidence, please include a project list along with your resume and contact:
Oliver Lau, Construction Recruitment Advisor ICI Specialist- Alberta
Contact phone number: 403-775-9908
Contact email address: email@example.com