Senior Project Manager for Alberta.
As a Project Manager in the construction industry you know that you are valued as much for your people skills as for your technical abilities. As the company representative in charge of a project, you are responsible for time, cost and the overall progress of a project. You are equally comfortable in the office or on-site and foster harmonious relations between the client, on-site staff and design consultants. You assist senior management in selecting projects and once selected, you control projects through establishment of budgets, time lines and progress reports. Your excellent communication and negotiating skills serve you well in hiring sub contractors and ensuring the work can be done cost effectively within the scope of the project. If you fit this description or are working towards getting there, check out opportunities from Harbinger Network like the one below.
Harbinger Network is working with a General Contractor in the Western Canadian market who is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to help them continue to grow their brand and strengthen their presence in the Alberta Market. This General Contractor has a reputation for being able to tackle any size project from design stage to finalization of the build project. They are experienced in all facets of building and rely on teamwork and cooperation working closely with clients to achieve success of all their design and build projects. They are looking for someone to fill a role immediately and who brings hard work and the ability to leverage all the resources available to them in their new role to continue to build their reputation in Western Canada. The ideal person for this role will have extensive experience in commercial building projects and specialize in retail builds from ground up as well as tenant improvement and office tenant improvement projects. If you are in Western Canada and looking for a great opportunity, here it is!
- Ensure that projects are built per approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes
- Plan, organize and manage daily operations
- Monitor construction schedules and project progress to ensure scheduling needs are met.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Ensure safety regulations and measures are being followed and maintained
- Must be able to maintain positive relationships with sub trades, architects, clients, etc.
- Must be able to project budgets and monitor budget adjustments to ensure client’s needs are met.
- 15 years of construction experience with at least 10 years at a Supervisory level
- Construction/Engineering related diploma/degree
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- A strong safety record
- Sound technical skills
- Commercial building expertise
Contact Harbinger Network:
Harbinger Network Inc. is recognized by construction professionals across Canada for working in partnership with them to effectively meet their career objectives with the best companies across the country. To apply for the position of Project Manager in confidence, please include a project list along with your resume and contact:
Oliver Lau, Construction Recruitment Advisor ICI Specialist
Contact phone number: 403-775-9908
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org