Construction Manager Position in Construction
As a Construction manager you are the point person and have overall responsibility for the construction site. Senior management relies on you to manage the operations at the site and to ensure the work is done properly and is on time and on budget. You have a great deal of insight into all the trades, can read drawings and have exceptional safety awareness to be able to run a safe and efficient job site. You set and stand by schedules and your excellent communication skills allow you to resolve issues, anticipate problems and work with Project Managers to keep projects moving as scheduled. If you fit this description or are working towards getting there, check out the opportunity below.
On site Construction Manager High Volume Customized Finished Basements
Here at Harbinger we have partnered with a unique organization. They have taken the finished basements industry by storm. The organization has been around 6 years and has doubled in revenue each year. Currently there are 50 active projects each month ranging in dollar value from $30K-$200K. The company can do this because they have applied a general contracting style of large projects to the finished basement industry. This allows them to take on many projects at once with specialized customization for each individual client. This is a never before seen high volume customized approach to the interior renovation world. Clients are satisfied in knowing that the work is being done by professionals with consistent updates as well as timely project end dates, which can be challenging with this type of work. The company is looking for a new on site construction manager. Ideally this person will have project management/site supervision experience and will be very well versed in high volume projects. The key responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate multiple ongoing concurrent renovation construction projects start to finish. Project range in dollar value from $30K-$200K, company does anywhere from $20-$30M annually.
- Attend construction/design meetings as needed to ensure all job requirements are implemented and issues are resolved.
- Coaching, mentoring, and technical guidance.
- Recruit and train new team members, conduct performance reviews, performance management, and facilitate development and training opportunities.
- 6 direct reports to this individual will report only to the controller and owner of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge in the following: Tarion, building process, health and safety, bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, receiving and transporting material methods.
- Leader, “can do” attitude, Strong communication skills oral and written, Multi-tasker hard worker.
- Formal education of any kind.
- PMP, P. Eng, Gold Seal, Red Seal or equivalent experience in a similar industry
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an onsite project manager/construction manager.
- Proven experience in developing and coaching high performance teams in a properties and/or facilities environment.
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends depending on customer demand or type of project
Contact Harbinger Network:
Harbinger Network Inc. is recognized by construction professionals across Canada for working in partnership with them to effectively meet their career objectives with the best companies across the country. To apply for the position of Project Manager in confidence, please include a project list along with your resume and contact:
Rodd-Starr Gonzales, Construction Recruitment Advisor
Contact phone number: 905-257-9691 x 106
Contact email address: email@example.com