This position works closely with senior management, consultants and suppliers to ensure accurate, high quality and competitive proposals are submitted. The primary responsibility within this position will be to develop estimates to submit to RFPs.
- The minimal education requirements accepted from the ideal candidate will be a secondary school diploma . Preferred candidate’s education will be comprised of a college level diploma or certification in Engineering design and drafting technology or in a related field through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians. An engineering degree will be considered an advantage.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in an Estimator role within the mechanical construction industry in commercial and industrial settings
- Previous trades experience and/or knowledge in pipe-fitting, plumbing, and HVAC trades.
- Demonstrated competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on producing a quality product in a timely manner
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence
Key Responsibilities/Specific Duties:
- Effectively determine bid strategies and prepare bids
- Foster customer relationships to attract bid opportunities
- Timely and accurately determine full cost estimates for projects, including labour, materials and other relevant factors.
- Review bid proposals and information
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Coordinate with subcontractors, vendors, etc. to provide input in a timely fashion to ensure the bids are completed and delivered to the client on time
- Other duties as assigned
- This position will be held in the Greater Toronto Area and will require travel to work sites throughout the Southern Ontario Division
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Speak with a Construction Recruitment Advisor Today
Talk to David Hough, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Toronto, ON
Something went wrong with the twitter. Please check your credentials and twitter username in the twitter settings.
Similar jobs to Mechanical Estimator
Plant ManagerPlant Manager Job Posting A large leading construction supplier is in need of an Operations Mang
$ Based on Experience
Mechanical & Electrical Project ManagerA proven general contractor based in the GTA is currently looking to add a Mechanical & Electric
Site ClerkSite Administrator – Residential Construction Harbinger Network has partnered with a leading
$ 45,000 - 55,000
Asst Site Super of Mid/Hi Rise ResidentialAsst Site Super of Mid/Hi Rise Residential Here at Harbinger we have partnered with a tier 1 gen
Construction Site AdminConstruction Site Admin Harbinger Network Inc. has partnered with a leading Low-Rise developer l
Mechanical Project Manager – HamiltonThe Hamilton and SW Ontario construction market is starting making waves! This is an exciting opport
$ Based on experience - TBD
Site SupervisorSite Super-High End Cooperate office fit out Our client, a strong mid-size ICI General Contracting
$ $85,000.00 - $115,000.00
Chief EstimatorChief Estimator Needed!!!Harbinger Network has partnered up with one of the largest design build con
$ Depending on Experience
Construction AdministratorConstruction Administrator Harbinger Network has partnered up with a reputable construction company
$ Based on Experience
Project designerPROJECT DESIGNERJob SummaryOur client is a small to mid-sized General Contractor who is currently gr
$ depending on experience