Project Development Manager
Project Development Manager
With 20 years of experience in advanced comprehensive real estate industry in Canada and China, they have established strong local acquisition knowledge and global connection.
As the company continues to grow, they recently have set up an office in Toronto! There is an opportunity now exists for a Project Development Manager to join the Toronto team!
- Identification of viable projects and preparation of business cases to support the Board of Directors in making decisions.
- Consultation with staff to develop project concepts and specifications.
- Lead the municipal approvals process including assembling required documents, and consultation with neighbors, elected officials and stakeholders.
- Applying for funding and financing, including alternative sources of funds such as community investment funds.
- Developing financial proformas and writing business plans for multi-unit residential projects.
- Act as project manager for projects under development including:
o Developing capital budgets.
o Developing schedules with critical path milestones.
o Tendering all contracts for professional services.
o Managing contracts and acting as lead contact for all professional services and the construction team including chairing regular project meetings.
o Manage payments and the claims process during construction and reconcile budgets at end of construction.
o Monitor expenses against the budget.
o Review all contract changes and coordinate change control process – maintain records of all changes and required approvals.
o Regular reporting to funders and the Executive Director on project progress.
o Monitor and assist the design teams in addressing deficiencies following substantial performance.
o Oversee completion of maintenance procedure instruction, systems demonstration and proper delivery of Operating Manuals.
o Ensure a maintenance schedule is adopted by the Property Operations department.
o Undertake post-completion reviews and verify close out documentation and coordinate the one year warranty review.
o Maintaining all records for the project.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on new actions, goals and targets related to the development of new housing.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors with respect to financing, debt and financial sustainability of projects.
- Develop and manage timeliness for various activities to ensure strategic plans and critical development processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, and expenditures related to the management of real estate development activities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University Degree (Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred)
- Knowledge of the social/affordable housing sector.
- Knowledge of local government development approvals processes.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial and local government grants/programs for affordable housing.
- Knowledge of policies, guidelines and statutory requirements relevant to real estate development.
- Knowledge of best practice in real estate development.
- Computer skills including basic knowledge of e-mail, internet, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to analyze various real estate development opportunities, including financial analysis.
- Ability to develop feasible plans and successfully implement the plans.
- Ability to lead teams to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both English and Mandarin.
Please include a project list along with your resume
Apply with confidence as Harbinger Network respects your privacy and will keep your application private and confidential. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check out website for other related positions as they are posted. www.harbingernetwork.ca
Why many like you are joining our NETWORK
Harbinger Network Inc. is recognized by construction professionals across Canada for working in partnership with them to effectively meet their career objectives with the best companies in Canada. Harbinger Network has an outstanding and proven track record of placing top professionals with the most sought-after construction companies based on important considerations including: salary and benefits, location, projects and career path.
Speak with a Construction Recruitment Advisor Today
Talk to Anthony Magnotta, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Toronto, ON
Something went wrong with the twitter. Please check your credentials and twitter username in the twitter settings.
Similar jobs to Project Development Manager
Estimator – Low Rise ResidentialEstimator - Low Rise Residential With more than 1,000 low rise builds/year and an award winning rep
$ Salary based on experience
Electrical Project Manager – COMMSWe are currently looking for a project manager / project coordinator who has been focused on electri
Contract ManagerCONTRACTS MANAGER - TRI CITY AREAHarbinger Network is seeking a mid-level Contract Administrator to
After Sales Service TechnicianThis position is to perform service as directed by the Site Service Coordinator and/or the General SNorth York, Toronto, ON, Canada
$ Based on experience
Project Manager – High Rise ConstructionConstruction Project Manager – High Rise Residential Harbinger Network has partnered with a l
$ Based on Experience
Mechanical EstimatorThis position works closely with senior management, consultants and suppliers to ensure accurate, hi
Office Manager – Bookkeepers / ControllersCalling all experienced Bookkeepers / Controllers and Office Managers!! A smaller sized electrical c
Senior Project ManagerSenior Project Manager- Looking to grow your career?Harbinger Network is excited to announce a new a
$ depending on Experience
Electrical Superintendent / Project ManagerElectrical Superintendent / Project Manager - Top GC A top national general contactor is looking to
Design ConsultantJr Design Consultant Harbinger Network has partnered up with a reputable residential builder/develo
$ Base Plus Commission